View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 09:27 PM   #8
Patch

Re: 4L60E Flexplate question

Well....crap. Took the cover off....knelt the front of the exhaust so I could pull the cover out. No carnage found. No loose bolts, no cracks and no center ripped out. I did remove the three converter/fp bolts and pushed the converter back, started it up and climbed underneath. Horrible noise.......coming from........one of the catalytic converters! Like really bad. So...noise figured out. The only thing I found with the flex plate when running, it really looks out of balance. So much that there is a small spot on the ring gear from the starter losing full contact with it upon startup. Shut it off, bolted the flexplate back to the converter, restarted it and it still looked wobbly, but not the converter. I was stoked!!! I figured the power loss was maybe the cat being plugged (dual catalytic converters) and took it for a test spin.....sigh........it will not shift out of 2nd. Reverse works....1st works. Trying to manually shift from L1 and up doesn't affect it. So.....I guess I am looking a transmission after all.....I'll keep trouble shooting it...but it's looking that way.