View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 10:20 AM   #66
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Re: Out of the Ditch = The Rebuild Begins ('72 GMC)

Weld, grind, weld, grind, weld, grind, weld, grind...

Almost have the outer cab floor extension welded all the way in. Have some more welding to do towards the rear that is behind the cab corner by the seatbelt mounting hole.

I refabricated the rear section of the cab floor by making 2 separate small pie cuts and then hammering the corner how I wanted it. The patch panel doesn't meet up correctly at the rear cab mount so some "massaging" is in order. That rear floor part and the cab support holes are about the only things that are "wrong" with this patch panel.

It is a really nice option to have this entire outer floor section instead of just the inner rocker and a bunch of hand formed metal pieces to fit the other spots. I would definitely recommend spending the 70 bucks on this panel if you are in need of inner rockers along with an outer rusty floor. Here is where I got mine... http://www.dreamershotrods.com/outer...dgmctruck.aspx Dreamers Rods and Trucks in Everett, WA is the closest place for me to drive to for parts.

Welp... back to more welding, grinding, weld, grind, weld, grind...

Gary
Attached Images

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.