View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 01:36 PM   #155
dayj1

Re: Another way to skin the cat; the High Torque 292 LS swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by findog78 View Post
That fuel set up is sweet! I've been reading through this forum for weeks reading up on on how to do the fuel return issue for EFI. That's the cleanest one I've seen to keep my tank. Where do I buy all those pieces?
Quote:
Originally Posted by findog78 View Post
Well I found the Tanks, Inc link in your thread. Where would I get the electrical lead pieces for the bulkhead? Thanks.
Tanks, Inc (as you found) for the mounting ring parts. They sell the parts for far less than I value my time

I buy the tubing at NAPA because they're the only local supplier that sells tubing that isn't coated and I think the zinc plated steel and/or Nickel-Copper line looks more period correct on an old car/truck.

I buy almost all of my fittings at http://fittingsandadapters.com That's where all the tube nuts and JIC (AN) fittings came from.

I made the electrical bulkhead and replacement fuel sender plate on my lathe because the price for fuel bulkheads from any supplier that I've found is ridiculous for what they are. It's made of nylon which isn't affected by gasoline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
I think he made his own
Correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidaxel View Post
Just make sure you secure the bolt on the inside of the tank "in case the other guy removes both nuts" to tighten the wire lug on the post!
I am open to suggestions on what to use in a wet fuel environment
The bulkhead is threaded such that the stainless stud is screwed into/through the nylon. I get what you're saying, but someone would really have to try to screw it up even if they removed the locking nut. That said, nothing is fool-proof when you have a sufficiently talented fool.
dayj1 is offline   Reply With Quote