View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 09:24 AM   #24
motorhead153

Re: '52 Chevy 1300 Canadian 5 Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
thats a neat idea on making wider wheels. I would like to try that with some late model camaro 18's, either flip the centers or at least change the offset to negative.

nice work on the repairs too

Thanks! I like this idea, which Camaro wheels are you refering to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lower50's View Post
Cool beans dude. I like where you are going with this. The York compressor will work great I have had one on my Jeep for years filling tires and whatever. Use air compressor oil in it, the oil does not hurt rubber.

Thanks! I really like the idea of the York, from what I was told their output is really good and much quieter than electric ones, and since I'll have a 11g tank on board I can use it for more than just the bags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_50 View Post
Wow dude, I wish I had your skill and confidence. Looking great, and the wheels look good. I like what you said about covering up scabby metal work with sealer, undercoating and sound mat. Ive kept the same idea in my head since I started but your metal work is awesome compared to mine.
Thanks, Not gonna lie it took me a while to get my confidence where it is haha. I spent a lot of time reading and watching videos to get my head around what I was taking on, and yet that still didn't prepare me enough.

I'm still nervous about welding in the outer panels but I feel like, if I take my time it should go well.
motorhead153 is offline   Reply With Quote