View Single Post
Old 10-23-2016, 12:18 PM   #79
skyjgmc

Re: 70' GMC "Walter"

well we weren't completely out for the woodshed with the electrical problems. Just when I thought the electrical problems were solved, I had the camper all loaded up for hunting camp. Went to go run a few errands befoer we left and hopped in the truck turned the key and nothing, batt was dead I had just started it 30 min before without a problem. jumped it and headed into town thinking it was a simple " l left the key in the acc position". got home and still wouldnt started put a fresh charged batt in and I started right up. argh!!! took my batt to auto parts store to test it tested good but since it was 7 years old, I replaced it along with the pos. and neg. cables at the same time. hooked up the camper and headed for hunting camp. got 30 miles from home and bam started losing power could'nt maintain 55 mph look in rear view mirror and its blowing smoke like a banchee....... threw my arms in the air and admitted defeat turned around and got my 2015 work truck and towed the camper to camp.
it was disapointing I couldnt use my favorite truck but now I think the wife can accept the fact that I need to get started on the motor swap asap..... but after hunting season!!!

the good news is my son filled his tag!!!
skyjgmc is offline   Reply With Quote