View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 02:06 PM   #1
LH Lead-Foot

67C10 no drop, 5.3L truck LS oil pan ok?

Yep, another oil pan question, again.
Still in the planning stage, but haunted by all of the oil pan choices for use in the 1967 C10, stock front height. The donor is a 2003 Tahoe Gen3 truck engine. I can fabricate any motor mount for set back, height, etc. I have been looking thru hundreds of threads and various post, but I guess I am looking for photos of a truck oil pan in the truck. I know this is an old issue in the LS swap community, but suggestions are welcome.

I will be using P235/75R16 that add just a little height and thought about a little "Skid plate" on the cross-member, but no going fast down gravel roads. It's just my wallet is almost empty.

The H3/Colorado/Canyon oil pan kit is being sold around $200, that includes dip stick, tube, gasket and tray. It appears to be about 7.5" deep instead of the 8.5" truck pan. My build is not wild so nothing new on top, no turbo but a simple automatic trans that I build last year before the Tahoe fell into my lap.

After years as an ASE Master, my knees won't work with a clutch anymore, so I build a 700r4 into a 4L65 non-electric heavy duty unit. Just to last.

Once again, any and all photo's using a truck pan in a 67 up C10 type frame will help set my mind at ease. Thanks!
Retired dude looking for one for a fuel injected reliable long term daily driver.
LH Lead-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote