View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 04:56 PM   #18
Rokcrln

Re: What fleet side tailgate latches are out their?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick69 View Post
Ok I remember now. What about wondering around a junkyard looking at different tailgates? Could look at all the options at once. Foriegn and domestic setups, I'm sure something will jump out at you as a good plan on what your looking for.

Btw,,, I'm headed to the jy this week end if you want me to look at those hinges, let me know.

Frank
Yes please see what you can find in the not too warn out section of the yard! Let me know what you find, I'll cover ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAR-Ktech View Post
Mar-K does offer the folding linkage to hold the tailgate in the open position, and also the spring loaded sliding latches. These can both be installed on the stock tailgate. Our latches can be latched in the open position so you can close the tailgate then release them to hold the tailgate closed, two hands not required. http://www.mar-k.com/installation_hints.html and scroll down to "hidden latch instructions" and "link assembly instructions"

We are developing a replacement tailgate for these trucks with a center handle and "bear claw" type latches. This will be similar our stepside tailgates with the latches and handle. We hope to have these available in 2-3 months. These will have that "click" that you desire.

Mar-Ktech
Yes I used your keeper and spring pin kit on LemonDrop (68 step side). And yes they can be loked in the open position so one hand can be used but you know theat is not what I am looking for I can tell that it is not your first choise ether since you are working on a gate like what I want! I think it is great that people like you (Mar-K) are spending good money to create these parts for everyone.

I was talking with Stan down at ECE today (he is one of my local guys I call while sitting in trafic) and I checked with him and they (you may also) offer a handle relocator kit for teh inside of teh 67-72 fleet side's. Thekit comes with the mounting plate, handle, bell crank and rods for like I said a 67-71. This should work out great for the 60-66's and with some Small Bear claws and alot of fab time it should work. If I was normal I would wait for thenew Mar-K gate but that just is not me. Plus if I just bought it how would I justify all my welders and tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by slepysal View Post
This is what I came up with cheep and easy
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...light=tailgate
Looks like it works well! Nice truck.

Kevin
LFD inc.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote