View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 11:24 AM   #72
cruizin01

Re: '78 K20 to C10. Almost 20 years in the making.

Stockton wheel finally got my wheels back from the powdercoater a week ago. They arrived Friday. I had went ahead and ordered some Cobra's from Amazon. So I mounted the tires on a couple of the rims Friday at work. I wasn't sure whether I wanted the letters in or out. I decided to try them out and I could flip them if I didn't like them. I like them out!

Last week I also decided to try painting the chrome centercaps to match my grille and headlight bezel. Sprayed them then coated them with satin clear. Came out great.

Yesterday I spent most all day working on the passenger side fender. I spent a couple hours removing all the old masking tape with a rubber pinstripe wheel. Worked well. I was by myself so getting the fender mounted was a pain. I instantly ran into problems with the fitment at the cab.

For some reason the fender hits the cab at the A-pillar when you attempt to line up the door and fender body lines. I also want to get the fender just slightly closer to the door but the hole in the fender wont allow for it. That's an easy fix as far as opening the hole just slightly but the only solution I can see to fix moving the fender "up" is to trim some of the pinch metal on the back side of the fender to get it up into the A piller further.

I prefer not to move the door as its setup perfectly inside the cab and the body line is just right with the bed. Anybody have any tips?

I painted a bunch of exterior trim pieces Saturday but didn't take any pictures. Ill post those later on.