View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 09:59 PM   #43
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

I promised photos ... and my daughter hasn't made it over with my camera (surprising, huh?) SO here are some admittedly terrrible cell phone pix so at least you can kinda see what I was up to this weekend.

$40 to dismount the tires from the F150 rims they came on, mount, balance and remove replace existing slots on it. Oh, and repair one screw hole I hadn't noticed when I bought the tires. I also bought a set of chrome lug nuts with locks from Pep Boys for I think $27 so I don't feel I'm in it for too much. To you younger guys, yes the sidewalls are tall and the truck needs to be lowered. But for a driver I'm liking the tire-to-wheel well distance in the rear and in the front if I can at least cut in half the distacne from the top of tire to the wheel well I'll be happy for awhile. Anyway, I'm so happ to have matching, safe rubber on it that is balanced and hold air! The ride back on the freeway felt like a Lexus compared to the ride over!!

I was told these are original SoCal Speed Shop caps from back in the day, BEFORE the shop was resurrected as it is now. ANyway, I like them alot.

Last edited by Dan in Pasadena; 05-15-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Dan in Pasadena is online now   Reply With Quote