View Single Post
Old 03-19-2024, 05:02 PM   #13
Greg58

Re: New To Me '03 Tahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatzie View Post
Selecting doors unlock in Park or Key out is an option setting in the Driver Information Centre menus. You can also change to driver only or all doors unlock using the FOB.

You need the owner manual. It'll tell you how to deal with Driver 1 & 2 as well.
https://www.chevymanuals.org/2003-ch...owners-manual/

The white bedliner turned out great.

Hail vehicles can be great rigs. I've had several I picked up from Oklahoma and Texas auctions.
They were excellent mechanically but the outside hood, roof, and trunk lid looked a bit like a golf ball.
The outside is for other people. When I'm driving, I have to look at the inside not the outside so I keep that nice. :-)
This truck came from western NE. it belonged to a Sheriff's Dept. It was used as a prisoner transport van. It had cells inside to lock the bad actors in. 8 in the back and 3 in the side door. The containment units were made by Bob Barker company. My cousin works at one of the NE prisons in Tecumseh NE. he is sure he received prisoners from my van!
He said Bob Barker started that company to supply prisons in the 70s.
All this van did was went up and down I-80 taking prisoners for incarceration, then going back and taking them to court. If the van would have lived in eastern NE the body would be really rusty, but it is much dryer out west.
Greg
1987 Chevy Suburban 2500, Silverado, 2wd, 454, t-400
2023 Chevy Silverado LT 3500, crew cab, longbox, 4x4 Z-71 Duramax.
Greg58 is offline   Reply With Quote