View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 02:10 AM   #1
Mike_The_Grad

ECE 1 1/2" Drop Shackle install question.

I just installed these drop shackles on my '72 C10 with Rear HD Leaf Springs. I also replaced the spring eye bushings with MOOG brand bushings and installed new 9/16" round U Bolts from the bottom of the axle up through some after market spring plates.
The whole project was a PITA! The leaf spring attaching bolts were at least 20 years old. The front drivers side attaching bolt was a M'FER! Heat and beat, spray lube, didn't do squat. Ended up breaking out the sawzall and angle grinder. The bushings sleeve had rusted itself to the grade 8 bolt. But I got it. A buddy of mine has a 12 ton shop press, with out it I doubt I would have been able to do this job.
Anyways, I got everything back together. Only took me until 1:30 a.m. this morning to finish it all up to be able to drive the 30 miles home and "take a nap" before work at 6:00 a.m. this morning.
The question I have is that i noticed i installed the ECE shackles reverse of the factory installed shackles, is this a problem? Does it even matter? How important is it that i fix it and turn them around? Like dont drive it anymore than necessary or is it ok til after work? Pictures should explain.

I emailed ECE but it was after hours. Obviously I took pictures of before and after, but I was tired and just focused on getting my truck in a driveable condition to make it home.
No luck on Google either. Seems like it could be installed either way and be fine. Shackle angle came up though and I'm not sure if it applies here.

Everything went back together, had to beat the new leaf spring attaching bolts back into their respective hangers though (possible indication things weren't right???)

Any advice is appreciated and I should be hearing back from ECE tomorrow sometime. They are pretty good at customer service and are one of my top favorite vendors to deal with.

Thanks in Advance.
P.S. I APOLOGIZE FOR THE SIDEWAYS PICTURES. I cant seem to figure out how to have them come out "Correct".
Attached Images

Instagram: Mike_The_Grad
Mike_The_Grad is offline   Reply With Quote