View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 11:09 PM   #32
superhondaz50

Re: Check my gear pattern :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy500 View Post
Post 9 is your best pattern, although your first pattern was good too for a performance application and most gear sets are lapped for a toe pattern. There is a corvette guy that does a lot of rear ends, I will find. A pic of his patterns and Post back.
The current pattern will put way too much load on the heal of the teeth and if you have horsepower will break a tooth.

The pattern on the drive side should be slightly towards the toe since under load the pattern will shift to the center. Don’t worry about the coast pattern as far as placement unless way off.
If you can you should be putting a load on the ring gear and turning the pinion with a socket. You can rig up a couple bolts and a hard wood block to load the ring gear.
Ok thanks, horsepower is only 250, but it does have 35" tires. I was putting load on the pinion with a breaker bar and a wrench on the carrier... I really couldn't get the drive pattern to shift towards the toe much at all. Either way, gotta get this right, the local shop wants $2k to set this up.
superhondaz50 is offline   Reply With Quote