View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 07:24 PM   #129
75Dually

Re: 68 GMC to a 2003 Tahoe chassis

LST is over, and we had a blast, but now it is time to get back on this project! I have taken the cab off so I can see what needs to be moved on the Tahoe frame. On the passenger side I have to reroute the O2 sensor wiring. On the drivers side is a lot more items. The 2 main items that need to be rerouted are the main harness, and the second is the brake lines that go back to the ABS hub. The harness is really straight forward, but the brake lines are going to take a bit of time to get them to go where I want them. Either way it has to happen.

After that task gets done I will remount the cab and take a ton of careful measurements so I can remove the center support and then fix the new mounting points. I have changed my mind on where I want to mount the cab. The center cab support runs right down the middle of the Tahoe frame, and because of this it makes the cab stay up too high for my plans. Taking out the center support lowers the cab by at least 2". Don't worry I will make a ton of new supports to replace the old OE ones, but that will be for a future post.

Stay tuned!
Attached Images

75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote