View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 07:36 PM   #42
Rack Man

Re: "FRAME OFF" Has Begun - Wish Me Luck! - Pics

Quote:
Holy cow how did I miss this thread?? So please tell me this won't be a trailer queen, you should take your boat to the lake with it every now and then to show it off.
No trailer queen thats for sure....I believe in driving em....The plan is for the truck to be the full-time hauler of the bass boat....Gonna sell the F-250 Diesel and buy a "commuter" for work.....as I put on a ton of miles in my job....driving that big Diesel everyday on my outside sales job is WAY over kill.....Selling it will basically pay for the "Resto" and most of the new "Commuter".....

Quote:
Looking great! Can't wait to see the body start coming along! Have you picked an exterior color yet? ...Joe
COLORS ???...Huh.....I'm all over the board with that...I initially started out thinking that I would paint it an original factory color....but now I'm thinking maybe not....

At first I was gonna go with the "Anniversary" look.....like this:

Then, I told my painter.....that this two-tone Blue/White was in my future:

Then a couple weeks ago I saw a car at the Goodguys show painted this very rare 1975 Corvette color...."Steel Blue"....And I absolutely fell in love with it....I would still do a two-tone with a white cab...I want to keep an Old School, stock look...but I think this color would look awesome in that scheme....

Last edited by Rack Man; 12-05-2008 at 12:55 AM.
Rack Man is offline   Reply With Quote