View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 12:37 PM   #6
SCOTI

Re: Ackattack's Pro touring restoration thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackattack View Post
Well I don't really consider air bags pro-touring material in general. I have a rear 4th gen f-body sway bar. A popular modification for the pro-touring guys is to actually use a trailing arm suspension setup (aka truckarms).

I don't know what exactly my options are in the front. That will require some research/developement. I'm going to have to take some measurements of the stock suspension and see what can be done to possibly improve on them (maybe raise the upper control arm mount, use a different spindle, get corvette suspension, or just make my own control arms.

Also, I'm going to use rear disks brakes (probably a factory type setup) I'll also upgrade to larger front disks.

I haven't really looked into it a lot, but I may also run a hydroboost setup on the MC.

The actual goal of the truck is to outperform a Ford Lightning in all catagories (acceleration, handling, fuel economy, etc.). I know those trucks are fairly quick from the factory, but for a factory truck, they handle very well too.
I'm on all the Pro-Touring sites as well.... don't exclude air-ride as a choice for your suspension. They will allow much more flexibility while attempting to acheive your goals. Check out those threads on PT.com about the road course challange & see how ART's rides compared vs. static suspended vehicles.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote