Thread: our new burb
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 09:33 PM   #43
85burb

Re: our new burb

Finally had time to finish the motor swap. Had trouble getting it to run but that's fixed now. Was just the wires from old distributor cap were all shifted one terminal to the left. Fixed that and she started right up first bump. Sounded very good with no knocks or rattles. So I installed all the accessorys and trying to tidy up the wiring and plug wire roughing. Old owner just had them laid across the motor every ware. Ran them the correct way and looks way better under the hood now. First drive it had a major hesitation so I checked the timing at it was about 10 degrees before tdc with timing plug unplugged. Adjusted the timing and hesitation mostly went away. New motor has tons more power then old one. Got on it around a corner and it smoked the tire pretty good and was not even close to floored. Surprised the heck out of me. Forgot what kind of low end grunt the ole 350s have. So hopefully this motor runs good for a while. Need to get new fuel filter for it and maybe cap and rotor. Put new plugs in already.
91 chevy c10 suburban Lsa 5.3/4l60
2017 Silverado whipple 5.3
1964 Vw beetle
1974 vw beetle
85burb is offline   Reply With Quote