View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 03:48 PM   #45
jodydewey

Re: 5 speed conversion with pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by 454_72_4X4 View Post
The extremely short clutch throw is probabl due to the master cylinder rod pivot point being too far from the clutch pedal point.
I'm going to be converting to hydro clutch, (nv4500 soon), and the best way I've come up with to get the correct length for the pivot point is to measure the stock clutch pedal out of say, a 94 Chevy with a manual trans and hydro clutch.
I haven't gotten around to finding one to measure yet though.

The drive line angles...I didn't read all the posts, (yet), but I did see somebody mentioned 0 degrees. I don't think that would be correct.
The crankshaft centerline isn't "level" when an engine is installed. The carburetor pad should be level, or close to it.
The important thing on driveline angles is that the transmission output shaft angle matches the rearend pinion angle. Or as close as possible.
The reason I said that the angle should be zero degrees coming out of the transmission so you can minimize vibration. If you cannot achieve zero degrees then that is OK too. You will not have problems unless the angles are extreme. Can you measure the distance from the front of the cab to the front of your shifter? I would like to make the hole in my transmission hump but you really only get one chance to make it in the right spot. Since yours looks great I want to copy it.

Jody