View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 11:06 AM   #8
imsuchaman55

Re: Project racing $$$. 1968 GMC SWB 5.3/4l60E Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham57a View Post
You might have heard of my grandpa, Don Graham?? He was the 57 car, hence my username. If you get a chance check out my build, I was able to incorporate a few race parts in my project. My truck also used to be a GMC but I converted the front end to 69-72 chevy. Are you planning on keeping yours a GMC?
Yes I know who he is, my dad used to race against him. He drove for the Lehmans in the 80s & 90s I think. My dad's name is Eric Price, I think they raced the Nor-cal tour series together. The tour cars used to be huge out here back then but they have died out. We mainly focus on modifieds, and lately street stocks because thats all that really runs out here now. I plan on leaving it a GMC just because it is not as common as others I see on the road, and I like the 4 headlight look. I think I will take off the chrome trim ring that goes around the grill on the hood and fenders, and get the grill and light buckets chromed. I want it to be a simple, clean, efficent truck that has a little get up and go when need be, but not look like I went crazy in the autopart store accessory isle.
imsuchaman55 is offline   Reply With Quote