View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 05:20 PM   #20
GreyGhost85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyrestorerman View Post
Transgo shift kit will instruct you to install 5 checkballs for the TH350C transmission which all 5 checkballs go into the case of the transmission. I have provided a pic of the TH350C transmission separator plate. In the pic will show you drill requirements along with checkball locations. Replace the TC and make sure you clean out the cooler and the cooler lines real good. The black stuff in the pan is pieces off the torque converter clutch. You can call it sludge or whatever but it’s the TCC coming a part
The TH350C torque converter is different than the t350. Make sure you buy the correct one. The TH350C will have the pilot type of input shaft.
Inspect all the hard parts for wear. Buy a master kit with steels, shift kit by transgo, intermediate band, and filter. This transmission likes its bushings replaced along with the thrust washers. It’s ok if the spring was missing in the accumulator. If you feel you need it. Put the spring in.
Thanks a ton. I would have never guessed that a shift kit was in place. I’ll try to get some more pics of the internals to post just in case this thread helps someone else in the future.
Posted via Mobile Device
GreyGhost85 is offline   Reply With Quote