View Single Post
Old 11-05-2020, 09:12 PM   #69

Re: Doing LS Swap - I have no idea what I'm doing!

I’m going thru my first swap myself, so I can u derstand what u are going thru. I totally agree that u need to sit down and get a plan of what u want out of all this. I can tell u if u get a dod motor, just go ahead and get new lifters and trays. From all I’ve seen with these engines, u really need 2 know the history on the motor or ur just asking for trouble. If u think u want a little more than stock, a stage 2 cam can give u some sound and bump the hp closer to 375. Sticking with a low lift(under .570 lift) u can use the ls6 springs. I’m going with the terminator x system from Holley. Nothing wrong with a factory computer but by the time u get a mail order tune, get a psi harness, and then take it to a chassis Dino shop to dial n, u could have bought the Holley set up and let it tune its self . If u are interested n the Holley, please reach out to mcb parts. They have them on sale . They are more than a sight sponsor, they are good people to deal with. Whatever u do, I truly wish u the best of luck. Like u I’m hoping all this will yield a better running package than the old gen1 was going to give.
3767 is offline   Reply With Quote