View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 04:36 AM   #108
NewType72

Re: Great Grandpa's Legacy reborn

Honestly surprised we haven't had any response to the gas tank being so close to the right rear but hey maybe that means we're doing something right eh??

Pops gave me the what for on leaving his thread alone for over a week but with show season getting hot and heavy here in the valley for us we're both fairly stacked on our builds and getting everything lined out the way we need them to complete some shake down runs before jumping into trying to do a parade through downtown in 105 degree typica weather. Let me just say I'm very happy that both our truck have nice solid four core radiators with strong clutch fans keeping us nice and cool in that traffic jam.

With all the new goodies coming back it was time to dress the frame with a new little black dress of sorts and starting piecing al the puzzle pieces together. We tied the trailing arms with the control arms in that lovely textured black finish and we're very pleased with the multitude of black from wrinkle to semi and finally gloss but they all seem to coexist nicely and we're pretty stoked with the results. Install was a breeze as I've probably fitted all these parts backwards and with a blindfold on about 100 times now as pops would say. It's been a long build but the satisfaction is finally showing it's pretty little head as we round the corners to the final stretch on this installment. Stay tuned we'll be going quick from here on!

Pops laid down a mean couple layers of POR-15 on the fresh frame while I was back home that week and had the mid portion of the exhaust finally touched up on the welds all the way through and boy does it look amazing!

- Dylan
(209)-985-7721
NewType72 is offline   Reply With Quote