View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 10:43 PM   #28
joedoh

Re: 1941 project fenix

while it was warm I decided to bring the trailer with my parts 41 around to the front yard. My plan is to take the parts off I need, pass the rest on, and pull the cab off that gmc while its up front too. then sell the trailer haha. constant flux around here.

ugh. so many rusty screws. I decided since I had a new windshield frame I wouldnt worry so much about using penetrating oil and heat to extract aby of the screws. I used the spinny wheel to take the windshield regulator loose, then a jack to hold it up while I spinny wheeled the screws up there.

ready for someone else to restore.

this is where they always rust through, the bottom center. the parts truck has rust there too.

blessed be the designer who made the dash removable. I had to remove it anyway because the windshield regulator wasnt regulating

yep have another one like this. the pot metal wears and the gears dont mesh. I hoped this one was ok, but since its not I will do a rebuild in this thread.

this part is $18. so I need one of those too haha.

last thing tonight was to get the front part of the floor pan loose. little heat and some penetrating oil here, got all but the two right screws.

I need it out so I can set the mounts up. I ordered all the front end components control arms steering etc, mevotech has a kit that is only $300. Debating on drop spindles for this one too, I will decide between blazer dual piston brakes or s10 brakes before I order spindles and rotors and calipers.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote