Thread: My Chevy G van
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2020, 09:46 AM   #1
Corts60
Just here to tinker

My Chevy G van

Hey guys, figured I'd finally start logging some project history on my 1991 G van. Well, technically, I built it for my wife for her ceramic business. But I use it more these days.

Long story short, I've had it for 5 years now I guess. Bought it as a surprise for my wife when she was doing more trade shows with her business. Made hauling all of her inventory a breeze.

First thing I did was repaint it and put her logos on it. Since it was only meant to be a work van, I didn't do any body work. Just scuff, prime, paint. Now that we've fallen in love with it some years later, I regret not taking the time to at least fix the rear fender behind passenger side tire before painting. Oh well. Maybe later.

The van technically is nothing special, but we love it. It is a factory V6 TBI, 700R4, 3:73 rear. Since it lived in the Northwest it's whole life, it hasn't a drop of rust on it. Under carriage is amazing. I've probably replaced damn near everything but the transmission in the last 5 years:

-New V6 30k miles ago
-Had rear end rebuilt (regret not having posi put in)
-Completely rebuilt front suspension and steering
-all new shocks
-all new weather seals on doors

It drives very smooth (for a V6) and is a great all around utility vehicle for us. Home Depot trips, camping, etc.

Anyways, I'm starting to gain more interest in tinkering with it and I thought start a thread on it.

Last pic is my wife when I surprised her with it.
Attached Images

Corts60 is offline   Reply With Quote