View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 01:24 AM   #236
Irishbleueyes

Re: 1965 1/2 C10 Pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
It does seem a little odd to me that the heads were cast on February 17 1965 but yet the engine was not built until November 23. But that is not to say that those heads are not original to that engine assembly. The heads having 1.94 intake and 1.50 exhaust valves, the engine would not have been a L79. I'm just not sure if those heads would have been on a 220hp engine. I am used to seeing them on 275-300 hp 327's. I was really hoping to see some sort of poof of the 'original roller lifters'.
I agree, 2 bolt main, 283 valve size and those replacement lifters are retro fit engine pro. Nothing factory about engine pro brand. To many holes in the whole story, somewhere along the many years there was some engine work. Proof would be pics of the original mystery lifters that came out. Sorry, but nothing adds up.. Rollers may actually have existed sometime in the 60s however they didn't come in that engine from the factory. I think we were all really hoping there was some actual magic somewhere in there.