View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 08:48 PM   #204
OutlawDrifter

Re: Francis the Tow Pig - 1949 GMC 250 Dually

Well, yet again, I've been terrible about updating this thread.

Installed a new Dana 44 under the Camaro and it is functioning as expected. Lays black marks from both tires as I've been told. Found a brand new in shipping crate unit that was stashed in a warehouse in 1985. For those of you who aren't in the know. GM commissioned Dana to build them a warranty replacement and parts counter axle to replace the weak 7.5" 10-bolts they supplied in the 3rd gen F-bodies. They are difficult to find, and are the only "aftermarket" axle that accepts factory brakes that has a cast in torque arm mount. (I love "vintage" speed parts!)

Welded in the filler plates for the corner of the bed on the '49. It is now ready for paint. I've decided to make a simple floor out of 7/16" or 1/2" plywood for now. I was going to do diamond tread, but I want to have it done and be enjoying it. Also, the oldest daughter will be taking the truck to her senior prom, so I'd like to have it done prior to that.

I've got a couple of website carts full of parts for the Camaro. It needs the front steering rebuilt and needs the AC added back in. Next winter I will upgrade the front brakes and redo the headliner...this summer I just want to enjoy it for a change.

Took some time to clean the shop last Saturday, build some new shelves, and rearrange the shop a little.

At some point I will do all new weather stripping and and such in the truck and install an AC system of some sort. Like the Camaro, I just want to enjoy it this Summer.

Instagram @aceshighspeedshop
OutlawDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote