View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #30
TobyArnot
Quit if it's not FUN!!!

Re: Windshield gasket blues: Precision supplies Steele and possibly Soff Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by into69z View Post
UPDATE: I had my windshield ( ppg) and rubber (precision) replaced in April by Safelite-they showed up with three guys and spent about an hour or so and just as they finished, they broke the shield. They came back in a couple of days and did the job again-the first time they started at the bottom to the top-the second time they started at the top and worked down. The trim was a pain but it got done. Safelite uses a sealer to ensure everything is water tight.......well they missed a spot and I had them back yesterday to get it fixed. It should be good to go from now on. One of the major reasons I went with a national chain store like this is they have a lifetime warranty on the install and leaks. Cost was $233.00( I provided the seal).

The Safelite guy told me they once put 4 shields in one truck cause they kept breaking them. He says he hates these type of installs with the trim in the rubber. Good Luck.
I have had two new windshields replaced in my truck. Both were by Safelight. First was paid by me, before I started using it as a DD, second due to big rock under Nationwide. Same guy came both times and was super. He owns a '69 and did a patient, calm job both times (they use Precision, also). Second trip, he even allowed me to prep and paint the top of the dash, something I had been wanting to do, while the 'shield was out. Great Customer Service.
MORAL: It is more likely the skill level of installer that makes the difference.
Spend all you've got,
Late in life, you'll think of the things you didn't do, not the things you did. - Get out and experience life !
Robbie Robinson a.k.a. TobyArnot (Toe Bee or not toe bee)
TobyArnot is offline   Reply With Quote