View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 11:25 AM   #72
chevy.c10

Re: Saddle up 66 c10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62stepside longbox View Post
The t5 and nv3500 were what allmost all manual transmission s10's came with and the nv3500 has the integrated bellhousing and the casing is aluminum. but taking a closer look I don't think it is a nv3500. Is the bellhousing attached or is there just one bolted on in the picture? To know for sure you should be able to search up the numbers online. I did lots of research when getting a t5 for my truck. The t5 could have a lots of different gear ratios, if it came from a 4 cyl truck it will have a granny-like first gear and the od gear won't be great for highways with the 3.73 you have in the rear. But if it's from a 4.3 s10 then the gears will work great with your drivetrain. Another good thing about the t5 is that since it bolts right up to your bellhousing you won't even have to touch your clutch (unless it is worn). Maybe take some better pictures of the unknown trans and maybe it will be more clear
I plan on cleaning them up and finding the numbers on them, then maybe I can post more detailed images to show you what I have.
chevy.c10 is offline   Reply With Quote