View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 12:09 AM   #8
69sinker

Re: LSx Swap build thread index!

Thought I would start a build thread for my truck. The trucks a 69 2wd lwb with 02 camaro ls1/4l60e ( and whatever else I could use) the 69sinker name came from about 7 yrs ago. 2 weeks after I bought the truck for my oldest son ( 15 at the time) it somehow jumped in gear while running unattended and went into our pond. Of course it floated out in about 5 foot of water before it sunk. The top of the roof was the only thing visible. So of course thats where this project began. I'll have to find the pic and put it on this build sometime.
After several days of flushing everything out it we had it rolling again but by the time he got his license he found a 86 4wd he liked better. So I kept the truck and it sat for year waiting on another son to drive ( I have 4 ).when the next youngest started driving it we had to rewire it, the pond water I'm sure had a lot to do with it. We bought a hot rod wires kit and he was back on the road for a year or so but with 10 mpg I bought him a 4wd s10 and kept the 69 for myself.
So after a year of sitting I started messing with it in nov. 2012. Another one of my sons had an 02 camaro and an old lady crunched it up pretty good and he decided to sell it and that's when I decided to buy it and get busy with a swap.
There is know way possible I could have done this swap myself without this site and its members.thanks to all and keep on posting!
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images