View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 10:13 PM   #222
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

I have not had a chance to continue work on the door pillar as yet, and I need to order a bunch of patch panels to finish up the rest of the cab, including cab corners, rear door pillar, and maybe another lower cowl panel for the p/s since I screwed up the first one.

My friend Peter was in town from Houston this weekend, and I had a pretty busy day planned, but we managed to find time to mount the engine on the frame. It took longer than expected, because I did not have all the bolts for the transmission bellhousing, and we had to visit a couple of different stores to finally find the right ones. I have to say that Lowe's is surprisingly good to shop at for unique hardware, especially grade 8 bolts and nuts.

I am not sure when I will be able to order the floor. The cards should be paid off soon, but my wife found out on Thursday that the place she works for is closing down in two weeks, and her job will be over at the end of September. Not sure how this is going to affect the truck budget. Also, can you believe that they have known about this since March and waited this long to tell them? Most of the staff was told they will have no job in two weeks. The handled it extremely poorly.

Anyway, so we got the engine mounted, although it took us a long time to be able to screw in the motor mounts to the frame bracket. It was tricky lining them up.

The goal and purpose of this was to free up space in my garage, and to be able to fire up the engine and make sure it runs properly as it has not been fired up since it was rebuilt. In between working on the body, while waiting for parts, perhaps, I will mount the battery, radiator support and radiator, wire up the engine and get it operational.

Attached is a pic of the engine mounted on the frame. I have a question I would like some thoughts on. The last couple of pics is a transmission cross-member that was fabricated by the PO. It sits on the bottom part of the frame and is bolted in (not bolted in the pic). Is this sufficient to adequately support the transmission?
Attached Images

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=502964
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote