Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 11:05 PM   #21
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Out with the old and in with the new, 2 new spindle hubs, one old next to one new... Pricy!

Spent the day under my truck with oven cleaner 2 wire brushes and a screwdriver, she's pretty clean now, but i still need to get under there with a stripping wheel and do a final cleaning before paint, that lye is nasty stuff, i had to stop about 4 times and clean up a bit.

Pressed my axle U-Joints apart then off to town again to pick up my new hubs, then to the auto parts store only to find yet again (3rd time) that i still don't have the correct spindle hub seals, so i went back to the 4X4 shop, they ordered a couple seals, but they also couldn't be 100% certain that they ordered the correct seal until they come in, the seal is in the same parts breakdown grouping for the SBK-1 bearing seal kit but these seals were not in the kit beginning to wonder if someone robbed the seals out of the kits i bought?? So if you have the small hubs and spindles on your truck (72 and later) i need some help finding the part number.

72 K20
Dana 44-5F MFG 1971
Smaller diameter hubs

(Hub bore)= Seal OD 3.000
(Axle diameter) = Seal ID 2.005
Attached Images

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote