View Single Post
Old 11-17-2016, 08:39 PM   #7
schpeen

Re: thinking about getting this in the morning

my wife and I took a drive up to Arcadia this morning to check it out. I laid down underneath it right away because the only thing that has been on my mind the whole time is hidden rust but to my amazement dry and clean underside and I stayed under there a while trying to find some evidence of rust anywhere and couldn't find any i did see the motor trans and transfer case all looked recently gone through. inside all the fenders and under the rockers all metal and original paint no rust ok you got my attention! The rear tailgate window lift mechanism stopped working so instead of fixing it he eased it in the up position and put duct tape all around the edges so it wouldn't drop there is no rust but there is a pretty nice dent that looks like it may prevent the window from going down anyway the interior is pretty much all there but heavily soiled and worn dash is shot and a cheap plastic shell cover sits over it back seat is in great shape along with the passenger front the driver seat is blown out in the corner but still very comfy this is a silverado pw tilt ac (not working) auto must be the 350/700r4 motor was quiet all stock but fired right up and ran smooth no smoke couldn't even tell it was running it was so smooth and shifted through the gears without any drama power windows and power mirrors work as does the horn no cracks in the windshield

only bad spot i found is above the windshield near the passenger door top edge there is a rust spot so i will take out the windshield and address that first. the front bumper is crumpled in and pulled back out but not far enough in to damage the grill so new brackets and a fresh bumper will be top on the "need" list

i drove it home doing 65-75 mph for 2.5 hours straight after filling up the 30 gallon gas tank with 28 gallons of premium and checking the oil and air pressure i was pleasantly surprised she ran nice even with the crappy unbalanced 20% left 33" tires some vibration right at 60 mph but was able to speed up to 65+ and it smoothed out somewhat brakes felt perfect and smooth oil pressure was strong and temp gauge never budged Rear diff was not happy by the time i got home so will need to address that right away as well started rubbing a few areas with some was on a rag and she is coming right back to a nice shine. I assumed it was a repaint but now that i am cleaning it up a little it all looks original. I will post up some more pics tomorrow.

thanks for looking
Attached Images

1988 23' Mako Marine
2005 Harley Davidson Road King

Last edited by schpeen; 11-17-2016 at 08:45 PM.
schpeen is offline   Reply With Quote