Thread: 47-55.1 My 1954 Chevy 3100 project
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 09:21 PM   #36
54ChevyLs

Re: My 1954 Chevy 3100 project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Root2812 View Post
That looks great! So I have the same motor with the same front to back placement and I used the hooker manifolds but they look identical to what you have there. did you have to notch the frame at all? My motor is slightly off center and the passenger manifold hits the frame but I am concerned that if I move the motor over I won't have room for the linkage.

By the way, thank you for the great photo of your steering linkage. I have been trying to find one that shows how I could make mine.
Yes they are Summit Racing’s brand manifold, which is Hookers exact manifold without hooker stamped on it and are $100 cheaper. As for the passenger side, it did slightly hit the frame. My choices were to notch it out or slightly bend the top lip up of the frame, I just bent the top lip up for clearance, didn’t take much.

Also your very welcome on the steering linkage pictures, I searched for days on a setup and came up with nothing, I would have paid $50 for a picture, it doesn’t look like it was hard to do, but I probably have 10 hours alone in it trying to figure out what will work, it’s super tight, but works without binding .
54ChevyLs is offline   Reply With Quote