View Single Post
Old 04-10-2020, 12:22 PM   #24
Rusti

Re: 1950 GMC on s10 named Hook

Hello all
Thanks a lot for your posts and comments.
Slow progress on my build in the moment. But I took the time and worked for several weekends on the truck. Closed all (I supposed I did it but then find some more) the holes in the firewall I do not need. Welded in the new cab corners front and back. Reworked the rear window frame and reworked the rotten part. Closed all the holes in the interior and on the front ventilation. Reworked the front window frame and made it ready for the new windows.
Reworked the inner panel in the foot area on the left side and had to weld in a new one on the right side. It was a lot of metalwork to do but its done and looks ok.

The next step was to do the windows. New gaskets all over and new glass for the front. It was a lot of work and quite tricky doing it alone but it worked better that I supposed.

The next challenge was the fuel gauge. First I tried the original 6 volt sender unit with the “new” astro van gauge, no way. To change the hole sending unit using a asto van or s10 one is impossible because of the small hole in the original fuel tank. I disassembled the original sending unit and one from a mid 90es s10 and the resistance units are nearly identically built. I just changed them reassembled the sending unit with some new made gaskets and it works.

While I was working on some holes on the right back pillar this metal part fall down from behind the wall. Is it a part of the truck on something else? Sorry for the bad pictures.

So back to work. The next big thing will be the bed and rear fenders. I hope to get some in the next weeks. I am trying this since December now but no luck.

So long
Arnd

Last edited by Rusti; 04-10-2020 at 12:47 PM.
Rusti is offline   Reply With Quote