View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 04:26 PM   #884
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

Re: "Crewcab Jake" the 84 to 74 conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2TRUX View Post
Jake,
Regarding the proportioning valve I have not relocated one as of yet. Well technically that's incorrect, so allow me to explain. On previous builds I have replaced stock calipers with slotted rotors and Wilwood D52 calipers. This does not require an adjustable proportioning valve so no changes were made.

On Elwood, I ran 13 imch Wilwoods all around so an adjustable valve was required. I was told that I could mount the Wilwood adjustable valve down in the same location as the bias valve. That was very inaccurate. I did mount it there, but it required a mounting bracket and all new lines to be fabricated.

Wilwood makes a bracket kit that allows you to mount a proportioning valve directly under the Wilwood master cylinder. It comes with bre bent hardlines and fitting. I will be using this on Jake once I determine what size master cylinder I will need.
Ken,
thanks for the reply. My ideal thought is to run disks at all corners (I hate drum brakes.. lol) I am not sure if my budget will allow me to do that yet. so initally I was thinking of just getting a salvage yard booster, master cylinder & valve (2013 or newer) to replace the current setup? I am sure the factory setup is not a big deal.... but for some reason it bothers me...
rodstored-72 is offline   Reply With Quote