View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 06:31 PM   #1
sprinter138

Electrical Help!

So I'm new here and the proud new owner of a 1969 C-10 that I purchased just four months ago. It's already been an adventure! I removed the gauges from yesterday because I'm doing some refresh work to them. I started by disconnecting the switch to the lights and then remembered I need to disconnect the battery. So after disconnecting the battery I continued to and disconnected the wiper switch, speedometer, tach, oil pressure and main plug to the gauges (didn't see any other connections). I went back out to the truck and it won't start now. Just curious, is there some connection in the gauges that completes a circuit allowing the truck to start? Checked my battery and it's good, has a full charge. I even plugged the gauges back in (all except oil pressure) and still nothing. The previous owner had a bit of a wiring mess going on. I don't know if I possibly tripped something or unknowingly disconnected something else.

Also, suggestions on where to get the best price on a new harness? I'm thinking maybe just start fresh?
sprinter138 is offline   Reply With Quote