Thread: 4x4
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 10:23 PM   #4
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: 4x4

Looks like a squarbody K chassis under it. Stock front springs have a negative arch which is normal. Problem is the negative arch puts the axle closer to the bump stop, which in your case gives you what looks like maybe an inch or two of up-travel before it hits. That's going to give you a harsh ride hitting the bump stops on the street.

A mild lift is going to give you more up travel and if you go with ones with a soft spring rate the ride quality will improve. Tough Country EZ-rides are soft, Skyjacker softride springs have a low spring rate and ORD sells custom springs to your specs that will ride better than most because of the springs use more leafs that are much thinner.

But to go along with what springs you use, a quality shock is a must. I'm sold on my Bilstiens I got for mine. Night and day difference.

On the rear it's looking like a K20 frame by the longer and thicker leafs and the 14b full floater axle. Best solution to help there is a shackle flip from ORD. That will match the lift without blocks and retain stock spring rate but flex a lot better.
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote