View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 06:40 PM   #73
BarryB

Re: One-Man Cab & Bed Lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepl View Post
I just ordered the cab and bed lift plans, but I'm curious as to where people get the steel to build it. Home Depot has angle iron and some other stuff, but likely not big enough square tubing.

Is there a magical Internet site that you can email a cut list and they ship you your steel at a non-abusive price?

Failing that, where do I look in the yellow pages? Should I assume any place that sells steel will cut to a cut list? I'm not even sure where to start!
One good place to get good leads to where to get your metal, is your local welding supply house. I'm not sure what names are out there where your at, but airgas is a big welding supply house here. Most of their guys will know of where to go to get metal. As for getting it cut, most of the places I deal with will cut it for me, but at am extra cost.

* You may be only one person in the world, But you may also be the world to one person.

* Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Two rules in life.
1. Never sweat the small stuff!
2. Everything is small stuff!
BarryB is offline   Reply With Quote