View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 04:09 PM   #98
RodsGreen10

Re: 1976 Square "Simple Green"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
DETAILS! Some of us are deeply in love with this truck, and have to know more! Glad it went to a good home.
I got a lot of details. It did got to a great home if I must say so myself and I love my truck also. Well when I got the truck most people would have just left it alone but not me. The truck had new drop spindles coils shocks and rear flip as Robert has posted. But the control arm bushing had taken a lick over the years. So the first thing I did instead of replacing them bought the DJM DROP ARMS. Big mistake I later found out. So to achieve the same lowering setting I got the drop arm which are 3" and a 2" drop coil. All new DJM shocks cause I like stuff to match. So got those install and it bottomed out the bump stop. Call like at DJM and after listening to him cuss and had no idea why it did that I said well I will drive it a week and send pics and see if your engineers can figure it out. And yes I had stock height western chassis spindles like I was suppose to. Well it sure didn't make it a week the bolt that held the shocks to the lower arm snapped in half. So needless to say I got my money back. I am not saying DJM is no good and I am sure many have that setup but it didn't work for me. Plus I didn't like the hammer tone look.
Attached Images

RodsGreen10 is offline   Reply With Quote