Thread: 75 Dually build
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 05:36 PM   #892
75Dually

Re: 75 Dually build

A vinyl wrap update. Houston we were having a small problem! The hood was having some lifting issues. Actually what happened was the ridge that goes down both sides of the hood I was seeing a lot of lifting in the valley (pic below). I talked with Vvivid Vinyl and it turned out I post heated that area too much. So it was my installation error. Remember I don't do this for a living and this was my first time. This was an experiment from the get go.

So I ordered a replacement piece and tonight when it starts to cool down I will get the new piece installed. Taking off the old piece took no time at all. At first I was trying to take it off in one big sheet, but because I did a good job getting 99% of it laid down right there was a lot of tension pulling it back off. So what I did was take a very sharp razor and made light cuts, making sure to not get into the primer below, and cut it up into smaller sections. This was the trick for getting everything off much easier. For those of you who asked about doing this over the primer, it was untouched, there was zero damage to it, and it did not disturb the primer in any way when I pealed it off. Plus this product left no residue on the primer, so I am sold on it. I was so thankful on that point! So I will wipe down the surface, make sure it is perfectly clean, and install the replacement piece the same way (except where I messed up the first time!).

I hope to post those pics either late tonight or early tomorrow. Like I said when I started this truck I was going to show the good and the bad. I'm just like all of you out there I mess stuff up, and on this blog I have tried to show what I did and how I did it so we can all learn and make this a better hobby.

Stay tuned!
Attached Images

75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote