View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 08:34 AM   #1343
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

I do love the roads in the UK........ Did 162 miles in 6 hrs yesterday.

Huge delays everywhere.

However, sometimes weird stuff happens for good reasons.

Had I been to see the customers I had planned at the time I had planned and not got delayed, I would have been in Romford, an hour from home by 3pm.

However, I found myself waiting for a customer at 3.30pm about 2 hrs from home.

When I came out from seeing the customer at 4pm, there was a message on my mobile to say my front end rebuild kit for the truck had arrived in Watford from New York where it got shipped from. I checked with Steve Lang to see where he was, and by a stroke of luck he was about 6 miles up the road on my way out to the M25 motorway and seeing as the motorways would be swamped with afternoon traffic and my local motorway the M2 was in a bad way, I decided. To go pick up the parts.

Langey's Hotrod Shop as he is known, will import parts on your behalf at direct - $ for £ - exchange rate. This allows him some profit, covers the import duties and VAT etc and gets done pretty pronto. The alternative is EBay or local shops at pretty much the same price.

Meeting Steve to collect my parts, we ended up talking cars, engines and life in general for nearly an hour....time flies like that.

He was working on his Willys Gasser Pickup, fine tuning the door figment.

This was what had cost me £260.00 landed, in my hands for the truck.

Photo stolen off the sellers Ebay description.

I was absolutely shattered last night and did not even unpack, inspect or gloat about the kit, or the latest painful hiding I had bought myself.

Next job will be attempting to undo all the existing parts without destroying my knuckles or and threads, and fitting the we parts successfully.

I feel much pain coming my way, but it's the only way to do this truck so that I can enjoy it in the long term.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote