View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 08:51 PM   #8
SCOTI

Re: HG's Adjustable Track Bar

I decided this was how I was going to do my next one awhile back. I was looking for a long adjustable bar but was striking out. I even got on here seeing if anyone had recommendations for LH/RH rod ends that were cost effective (I didn't want a $200 PHB).

One day, I'm sitting there @ my storage looking for some parts for my 68 when I noticed I had 2 OE Panhard bars. I thought heck... I'll just cut one end off of each bar (to get the longer bar I needed), thread 'em opposite & use a homemade tie-rod style sleeve (I was going to use a piece of DOM steel, have it tapped LH & RH when they did the threads in the now cut down OE bars); weld a nut on the outside to ease adjustments & call it done. I also changed the mounting bracket location @ the trailing arm to maintain the correct (parallel to the ground @ ride height) geometry.

Your idea on the billet tie-rod sleeve looks alot better & I bet is definitely comparable in cost when it comes to paying the machine shop for the 'small-job'.

Two thumbs up to you my brother!
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 06-05-2009 at 08:53 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote