View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 03:42 AM   #186
skorpioskorpio

Re: Project Madera: A Jimmy GT

I've been through lots and lots of headaches with this build, but when I dropped that top on so many things were just right. It took 3 guys to cart away my old top, this little light top was so easy and it just dropped into place. I know it's unassembled and I know it has no glass yet, but I'll bet it drops a couple hundred pounds from the truck and won't make a lot of difference in the weight bias on or off. Certainly not something you can say about the original! Also with the Recaro more reclined then I'd ever drive the seat went back to it's farthest position, a position I at 6'1 wouldn't be able to touch the pedals at, roomy. The seat angle of the Wedge Engineering brackets helps out with that a lot.

My big ol' Suburban was never roomy in the drivers seat despite the truck being big enough to house several armies of clowns. ...and it is on this note that I tip my hat and say goodbye to that Suburban today. It was a great truck, but I hadn't driven it in 6 years and it was time. It had driven up and down both coasts and it will now head for another on the other side of the Pacific. I had several offers from guys who wanted it for the drive train and part out the rest, but I decided instead to sell it to a guy who will be sending it to Japan were I'm sure it will still be running and cared for for many more years. Maybe it'll still be known as Aurora there.
skorpioskorpio is offline   Reply With Quote