View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 01:59 AM   #236
ozzie drop beat

Re: 700R4 build thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinebarger View Post
Do NOTHING with the Orange or White wire, Those are for your brake lights. Just plug the original brake switch connector onto the two pins closest to the Plunger.

The 2 pins furthest away from the Plunger are what you need too wire up......
Ignition Power too 1 pin, Lock-up solenoid power wire to the other.

The Lock-up Pole on the new brake switch works opposite of the Brake Light Pole.

What year Valve Body are you working on?? If it has a 2nd design/Combined TV & Low bushing, Leave the shift springs alone.

The SK-700 (Green Box) is for Type 1 VB's, SK-700JR is for Type 2 VB's.

But, Too answer your question.....
Try pushing on the Bushing, The Spring pressure will generally push back on the Bushing, Do this back & forth til the bushing loosens up.

If it's really stuck, Take a Pocket Flat Blade screw Driver or an Awl & lightly pry on the Valve in the Bushing, Once the bushing starts too move out, Use your thumb to push the Bushing back in....Repeat til the Bushing frees up.

Welcome to the board!
Thanks for the reply. It is a late model trans, we never got the early version as our vehicles didn't get the t700 until 1989-90.. my understanding from transgo was the sk700 kit covered both versions and the jr kit only the late. The sk700 kit refers to both early and late models, correct me if i'm wrong but the sk700 kit comes with parts to update the early version? Where the jr does not.

I have tried prying it out but no luck, as you recommended leaving it if it is the late model i will do that. The trans is going into a 1976 corvette I built from the ground up

http://www.australiancorvettesassoci...e28f&start=300
ozzie drop beat is offline   Reply With Quote