View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 12:16 AM   #457
fakerwade

Re: "TANGERINE" (C20 to K10) (LWB to SWB) (CST/MOD) (5.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 TT View Post
Hi Wade, sorry I haven't been on here in quite a while. Too much work to do at work and not enough time for fun

That is the bolt hole the factory used for the shoulder belts. It is a fine thread shoulder bolt you need for that spot so they are a little hard to come by but they area out there. All the newer stuff used coarse threads.

I found that the second row shoulder belts out of an ~86-91 Suburban are a good match and won't take much work to make fit. The lower housing and mount bracket is level to the floor so there is plenty of material for a clean look and no odd shapes left over. The size is manageable and will fit in the space we have to work with.

Not sure if there were any Suburban seat belts that are black but I have used fabric & vinyl dye on seat belts before and is works well. A little rigid at first but they soften up after some use and the coating stays in place. Krylon Fusion paint for plastic works well on the housings.

Are you heading up here for Good Guys?
Thanks for the good info Mike! Yep,, I'm going to be at Goodguys 9 Sat. Did you want me to bring up those old doors and bedsides?
Build thread "TANGERINE" http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=498570

Board Members Met: bigblock68, ol_skool_chevy ,68TT,atvpro
fakerwade is offline   Reply With Quote