View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 08:00 PM   #19
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

Re: 1970 cst lwb project "Cheap Build"

ok here we are..these are some of the things I have done that again no pics

added the center consol for the radio..it also holds two 5" speakers ( heres 2 6x9's zip tied to the seat springs waiting for a box this winter it sounds good for zip ties) and when you open the lid to the box, against the seat I closed off a 1 1/2" section put a plate across the box 1" down and have the air ride switchs in there,this keeps them hidden but vey easy to get to all I do is open the lid enough to get my fingers in

I added the front air dam from a 99 F truck for a lower look

tinted the windows added a mexican blanket and a golf ball to the shifter since the OEM one was missing added a swap meet tach and covered my stock door panels with the same material I covered the consol with ( it was laying around from a previous project)

things I would like to do

plan on putting together a better bed

install the E brake cables I have had for 6 months

DS front fender and hood need to be replaced there not bad but...easier to change then fix and add some inner wheel wells

going to pull the front clip and pull the motor out I have been fighting a leaky motor and am sick of it...it also burns a little to much oil for my likeing so bearing rings a small cam then rattle can the block and clean up the intake..it will also get a bit of head work..hey I'm there..then fresh gaskets and a little surprize for my buddies and a fresh dist.cap & wires

the trans will get cleaned up with a new pan gasket

I was hoping for a set of pro streets but we'll see the set I had a deal on went south

disc brakes and power ..I have the booster hangers and stuff for booster while I'm there the fire wall with get a bath and some fresh paint..probably during the inner fender project so its all the same color??

I need to collect the parts for the A/C and rad supports

I also want a carpet but not new it would look out of place

heres some of the things we have done this summer..did I mention I finaly fixed the speedo a cpuples months ago and it shows over 5000 miles I figure I have about 8 or 9 on it since I pulled it from the woods.....yes this truck was pushed into the woods for junk/parts if you look back you can see that the top half of the motor was stripped for parts
Attached Images

Last edited by Hottrucks; 12-02-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Hottrucks is offline   Reply With Quote