View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 04:02 PM   #237
joedoh

Re: 1941 1/2 ton project Hannah

thanks doug. I am happy the punch list isnt gaining length the more I get done. really all I need is some spray bomb on the bottom of the frame, fix all the splits in the lower front fenders, front bumper or maybe just build the apron on this one, figure out why the speedo stopped working, a few zip ties and some split loom, rear fender braces, and a couple pieces inside.

I pushed it out to clean the garage which is super trashed from working on 17 different things at once.

IMG_9889 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

and then I actually thought, well, its hot as the devils butt out here, should I just drive it around and test the fan? so I did. it warmed up normal and I watched the thermostat open by the gauge, and at 210 (just middle of the gauge) the fan turned on, ran a minute or two and turned off. super great, you might remember that I chose a 210-195 fan switch. the inner fenders are still loose from changing the plugs so I need to tie them up, and the clutch needs bled badly. but I let it rest outside in the sun for a while.

IMG_9891 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_9900 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_9904 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_9905 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

the DRLs work. I love this look on old trucks, makes the headlights just glow kind of old-timey. you can see the fender and apron work I have ahead. you can also see how much different the curve is on the passenger side fender. drives me crazy!
IMG_9896 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

debated on this a while. finally decided that the big potential leak wasnt worth it since the windshield crank out works well. its 100% silicone so it shouldnt turn white (shouldnt) and will be easy to remove if the cowl vent is ever needed.

IMG_9899 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I am picking up the bed wood this afternoon and will be working on it till it is supposed to rain again.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote