View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 09:35 PM   #8
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: 72 Sierra Grande Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddletramp View Post
Hi Guys here are some pictures of my door alignment so far im haveing trouble understanding what the pillar hinges and door hingnes do which way to adjust them can you guys tell me what to do now to get the gaps right Thanks For all the help great site Saddletramp

The pillar bolts allow some up and down movement with the door and also allow you to rotate the door clockwise or counter clockwise in the opening. The door hinge bolts allow some up and down movement with the door and allow you to move the door inward or outward. When working with the door side of the hinges any movement of one axis affects the opposite side of the door, which means, if you loosen the bottom bolts in the door side of the hinge and push the bottom of the door in, the top of the door will move out because it will pivot on the top hinge. The opposite is also true but to a lesser extent because the lower hinge is closer to the bottom of the door. I always align the bottom of the door first for this reason. I also don't do any door alignment until the cab is sitting on the frame with new cab bushings installed.....

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote