View Single Post
Old 06-09-2018, 02:15 PM   #353
HUSSEY

Re: "Albert" -- 1949 AD, S10 Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern 52 View Post
Hussey:

I don't have the rad yet but would like to modify the rad mount now to set up the front end positioning. Would it be possible to get the final height of your rad mount frame (bottom of the 2 x 3 angle you added to a good top reference point). I plan to go with the same rad and fan combination as you did so it should all just slip in when I do get them.

The cab mounts are ready for final welding and I am going to add the 1/4 inch to the height as you suggested.

Your build is definitely inspiring and the nice weather we are having here lately has me in the garage daily.

Brendan
Brendan, I took a measurement. The radiator is right at 19 in. from top to bottom. This is measured from the top to the bottom of the aluminum u-channel at the top and bottom of the radiator core. If you give yourself 19-1/4 in. to 19-3/8 in. from the top of the 2x3 angle to the underside of the top of the radiator core support you should be good.

However, I would highly recommend getting your radiator first before doing any cutting. It's not too pricey of a part from Summit and they can have it to you pretty quick. That way you know for sure you'll be right on.

Good to hear it's working out for you. I had some serious dumb luck on where my mounts landed. The bottom of the 2x3 on the front core support is just barely over the front gear box, any lower I would have been in trouble. Adding the 1/4 to the height should be just right.