View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 08:42 PM   #356
Northern 52

Re: "Albert" -- 1949 AD, S10 Chassis

Great advice on lining up the front end. Hadn't thought about the hood not sitting right. I will definitely fit it all together before building the rad lower support.

I bit the bullet and placed my order from Summit this morning. The rad and fan should be here by the end of the week.

The front mounts took a little persuading and trimming to fit the narrow part of the cab front but the cab mount locations are exactly where recommended and are ready for welding up and then permanently welded in place. The two inch location from the oval hole was a great reference point. I think the cab actually sits nicer now than it did on the wooden blocks.

Could I ask for a couple of more quick measurements? Getting a bit ahead of myself but what is the length of the bed rail tops and how far from the cab is the front of the bed? The reason I ask is that I am considering getting a blazer gas tank for behind the axle. I have a long bed that I am going to shorten to a short bed. It currently has four stake pockets on each side. I'm hoping to cut off one end next to the third pocket and still end up with the correct length short bed sides. Also, trimming the chassis frame as you did may not leave enough room for that tank.

The stock tank location may be the best route to go in the end.

Thanks again.

The help you guys have provided here is definitely making this project fun.

Brendan
Northern 52 is offline   Reply With Quote