View Single Post
Old 04-29-2018, 01:04 PM   #539
Killer Bee

Re: Suburban and panel finds

1972 Chevrolet Carryall Suburban 4X4 CUMMINS DIESEL RE-POWER - $14999 (Torrey Pines)

Quote:
Listing my old Suburban. This truck has a lot of soul and has had a lot of work put into it over the last few years. Been in the family since new, and has been cared for accordingly. It received a Cummins 12v re-power in 2014 using a intercooled 1992 Cummins VE pump 5.9L. I made sure to keep the swap clean and sanitary under the hood, with as little wiring as possible. The engine is backed by a 47RH out of 1995 Dodge, that received a heavy duty build by ATO Transmissions in Sacramento, CA-not cheap. NP205 transfer case that I just re sealed with all new bearings. 4" turbo back exhaust. Denny Stage 2 fuel pin, as well as a 3200 RPM governor spring, HX35/40 hybrid with a 10 blade T wheel (sounds really good) and all the gauges, otherwise stock engine-doesnt even burn oil and fires up instantly. Aluminum radiator with dual fans, B&M trans cooler and power steering cooler. Manual cable fuel shut off for the zombie apocalypse. I used Autoworld's crossmember and engine mounts. It has a Dana 60 up front which has the 35 spline outers, with Yukon manual locking hubs, rebuilt with all new bearings and seals. Dana 70HD in the rear. Both with locking diffs, the rear being an Eaton E locker with a fresh gear set, carrier and pinion bearings, all new rear brakes, ORD hub seals that were a serious upgrade, and a Spartan locker up front. Pretty much an un breakable combo at this trucks weight/power. 4" leaf spring lift, with a shackle flip by Off Road Designs in the rear with 2" lift leaf springs, works out to roughly 5.5-6" of lift all said and done. ORD crossover steering, with a PSC steering gear box, as well as PSC hi volume power steering pump. The big pump helps keep up with the Hydro boost brakes as well. I installed a ORD steering brace to keep the steering box bolted solidly to the frame-these old trucks have a habit of cracking. ORD heavy duty leaf shackles up front, with greaseable shackle bolts all the way around. It has humvee wheels with internal bead locks, on BFG Baja's. Brand new matching spare on a humvee wheel. It has a 50 gal fuel tank. Original seats recovered in leather (wear and tear), with the third row facing aft, 9 seat belts to fit 9-11 pretty comfortably. The interior is actually quite nice, the paint on the dash and doors is the best I've seen, usually these old trucks are pretty nasty in that regard. Also has a leak free sun roof with a two position setting. The list goes on and on and quite honestly I cant think of much else you could do to it, pretty much bullet proof. If you know these trucks or are familiar with an older rig that's been converted, you know they're a lot of work, so keep that in mind. I was a mechanic by trade so keeping it going was pretty straight forward. It has gotten me to 5 duty stations, all on opposite corners of the country and never let me down. The body is RUSTY!! So you better be good at body work or have some other plan, these things are prone to it, the manufacture didn't seal the inside of the body panels. There's around 40K on the Cummins conversion parts. It gets great mileage and is pretty fun to drive, of course it turns heads and is a conversation everywhere you go. Please email me your # and we can chat about all the things I left out. I have a library of pictures from the conversion as well as all the mods it received along the way. I've debated on the price for a while, I'm going to start high because..craigslist..make an offer. I can't stress enough that I do not need to sell this thing, so no bs please.